Why clean and polish brass?
Brass and gold add a pleasant glow to your home items. Door handles, light switches, bathroom finishes, furniture, lamp parts – brass and gold are used very often. Both materials are quite hard and resistant to corrosion. Their bright golden color makes them the most decorative and finishing materials in the world.
Like any other metal, brass and gold, they tend to lose their shine over time. However, you can clean and polish brass products to give them shine and make them look like new. Brass cleaner and brass polish will be the right one. Cleaning and polishing gold and brass components. You can do it using the products you find at home.
Before you start cleaning the brass, you need to find out whether you are mixed with other metals. A simple way to check it is to use a magnet. If the magnet sticks to the surface, it contains an admixtures of other metals. This is because neither gold nor brass attract the magnet. Items covered with gold and brass can be cleaned with soap and soap. However, be careful not to polish them with too much force. Brass cleaner can remove the top coat and cause tarnish. Therefore, do it carefully.
Cleaning of brass and gold lamps
There are many ways to clean the brass or gold lamps. The method of taking the dust out of the lamp. Below are some simple techniques and tips:
- Take a bowl of water and add some liquid soap to it. Mix the soap and water thoroughly. Prepare a clean cloth, soak it and wipe the surfaces you want to clean. You can also use an old toothbrush to clean all hard-to-reach areas. When finished, rinse the lamp using warm water. Then dry the surface. This method should be sufficient to clean moderate dirt.
- If you are dealing with heavier dirt, you can use ketchup, tomato paste or tomato sauce. These products are an ideal means for cleaning brass and gold. Apply a thick layer to the surface of the lamp and let it sit for at least one hour. After this time, wash the surface with warm soapy water.
- You can also use simple kitchen ingredients. Mix equal parts of vinegar, flour and salt together. Mix well, put on the surface of constantly lamps. Leave for a minimum of one hour. After this time, rinse the mixture with warm water and let it dry. All dirt will disappear and the lamps will look like new.
- Another good method for cleaning and polishing. Brass lamps are washing with water, salt and lemon. Cut the lemon in half and remove the seeds. Cut half of the lemon in salt. Use it to scrub the dirty surfaces of the lamp. Repeat this step by applying new salt portions to the lemon. After a while, take a clean, dry cloth and polish the lamp with a flash. You can also prepare a mixture of lemon juice and two parts of tartar cheese. Mix these ingredients together to create a smooth paste. Cover the surface of the lamp. Leave it for about 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water and it’s going to shine.
WD-40 is somehow a cleaning and polishing agent
- The brass and gold cleaning and polishing agents. One of the best is the WD-40 preparation . Not only is it easy to use, it is also very effective and fast acting. All you have to do is cover the copper or gold with WD-40 . This product perfectly cleans brass and gold. You have to leave it for 15-30 minutes. Take a clean cloth and polish the lamp with circular movements. Cleaning and polishing brass lamps in this way will make them look like new.
Below are some important things to keep in mind when cleaning and polishing lamps.
- Do not use cloths with highly abrasive materials. Also, avoid using brushes with metal bristles because they leave scratches on the lamps.
- A small amount of mineral oil or linseed oil, can be effective as protection against tarnishing. Apply a thin layer after cleaning, using a terry towel.
- Most of the brass and gold lamps are covered with a layer of varnish. Therefore, they should not be cleaned using hot soapy water. If the copper or gold lamps are very rusty, it will be necessary to use a special paint or varnish remover to first remove the coating on the lamp. Then, to clean the lamp from brass or gold, you can use one of the techniques mentioned above. After finishing, do not forget to re-apply the lacquer layer so that the lamp shines and is well protected.
- Try to touch the gold and copper objects as little as possible. The fat on your hands can accelerate the matting and baking processes, and thus shorten the life of your gold and copper lamps.
Your gold and copper lamps will shine for a long time, they are clean and polish them regularly. It is important to avoid dust accumulation or matting made of shiny, bright and shiny. Thanks to the above advice and the tip, you can look shiny and new.